CDL Driver *Must be willing to work 40-55 hours per week *Must possess a current CDL License with a "A" or "B" endorsement
To provide safe travel for our mobile staff and a comprehensive and customer oriented screening of all donors, to perform all blood collection processes on donors to enhance the well being of our community by providing a safe, adequate and economical supply of blood products.
- Always maintain a safe and hazard free work environment by following the policies and procedures of Medic’s safety guidelines, AABB standards and OSHA regulations.
- Operate mobile buses in accordance with DOT regulations and TN State laws.
- Maintain all required certifications required by DOT, OSHA and company safety programs.
- Perform required before, during and after “user maintenance” and provide required reports.
- Maintain and protect all property entrusted to you in excellent condition.
- Verify correct identification of donor, accurately complete donor information form and obtain informed consent.
- Perform all necessary screening functions includeding but not limited to:
- Screening/interviewing of donors through regulated questionnaire,
- Obtain pulse count, blood pressure, temperature and perform hematocrit level test for physical eligibility requirements,
- Complete proper consultation with designated personnel to finalize eligibility assessment, and,
- Correct assessment of donor eligibility to donate including explanation of deferral if required.
- Consistently perform self checks of documentation for errors and omissions related to the eligibility requirements.
- Assist with maintenance of donor files, and orientation and training of new personnel.
- Ability to understand and promote all aspects of Medic donor programs, including but not limited to: Medic membership and types of donations.
- Ensure all quality standards are upheld by following all policies of Medic, Medic’s Standard Operation Procedures (SOP), Code of Federal Regulation (CFR), state regulations and AABB standards.
- Perform all aspects of blood collection of donors, including but not limited to:
- Verify correct identification of donor and recheck donor information forms for accuracy and completeness.
- Evaluate potential donor’s eligibility by verification of vein status in antecubital areas.
- Perform sterile scrub and venipuncture.
- Perform post phlebotomy care, proper disposition of unit, and give post-care instructions to each donor.
- Perform and document quality control including follow-up for unacceptable results.
- Ability to cross train and perform functions of screeners/ interviewers/ phlebotomist.
- Adheres to MEDIC’s Customer Service Policy.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service, team work, professionalism and confidentiality.
- Continuously develop skill sets by attending any of the following: education programs, in-service training, and seminars.
- Other duties as assigned.